This forecast projects the AI capabilities of various consumer devices including smartphones, tablets, wearables, VR devices, smart home devices, smart TVs, set-top boxes, and media streamers, split by unit sales and installed base.
- Over 9.6 billion devices will be in use worldwide with voice recognition capabilities by 2022.
- The number of devices in use with native object recognition with grow from 1.1 billion in 2018 to over 4.6 billion in 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the capabilities of various devices to host different AI applications.
- Identifies the devices that will provide the main addressable markets for AI applications.
Key questions answered
- Will object recognition be more likely to rely on external devices or services to work; or will it be a native capability?
- How will the growth of smart home devices affect the make up of AI-capable devices?
Table of contents
Download 1: Consumer AI Device Forecast: 2018–22