The number of M&A deals announced in 3Q19 was 53 – slightly lower than 2Q19 deal volume of 56, and also below the 3Q18 deal volume of 59. The quarter witnessed lower M&A volume in Asia and Middle East.
- Aggregate M&A spending dropped to $13bn in 3Q19, the lowest value in last three years. This was 50% below 3Q18 aggregate spending of $26bn, and 60% below 2Q19 aggregate spending of $32bn.
- In 3Q19, the deal volume was highest for wireline (19 deals), data center (eight deals), technology (eight deals), and fiber optics (six deals).
- The industry segments with the highest M&A deal value were mobile, towers, and data centers.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications provider M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How many M&A deals were announced in the communications provider sector in 3Q19?
- What was the aggregate M&A deal value in 3Q19?
- What market trends have been motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest players in communications M&A?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 3Q19 Review & Outlook