Deal value declines to $25bn in 3Q18 as US market witnesses drop in both M&A deal value and deal volume. Wireline, technology, and fiber optic were primary target industry segments.
- Total M&A volume of 56 deals in 3Q18 was in line with the 2Q18 deal volume of 57 but below the 3Q17 deal volume of 78.
- Aggregate M&A spending was $25bn in 3Q18. This was slightly above the deal value of $22bn reported in 3Q17 but nearly 75% below the previous quarter. The absence of any mega-merger announcements led to the QoQ decline.
- In 3Q18, the deal volume was highest for wireline (22 deals), technology (11 deals), and fiber optics (7 deals).
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications provider M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How much M&A (deal value and number of deals) was conducted in the communications provider sector in 3Q18?
- What market trends are motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest players in communications M&A?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 3Q18 Review & Outlook