Communications provider M&A value jumped to $93bn in 2Q18. Wireline, mobile, and technology were primary target industry segments.
- Total M&A volume of 55 deals in 2Q18 was below the 1Q18 deal volume of 101 and also below the 2Q17 deal volume of 93.
- Aggregate M&A spending of $93bn was driven by three mega-mergers announced in 2Q18: Comcast – Sky, T-Mobile – Sprint, and Vodafone – Liberty Global assets.
- In 2Q18, the deal volume was highest for wireline (19 deals), mobile (12 deals), and fiber optic (9 deals).
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications provider M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How much M&A (deal value and number of deals) was conducted in the communications provider sector in 2Q18?
- What market trends are motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest players in communications M&A?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 2Q18 Review & Outlook