The number of M&A deals announced in 1Q19 was 46, below the 4Q18 deal volume of 57 and significantly below the 1Q18 deal volume of 101. The quarter witnessed lower M&A volume across all geographic regions.
- Aggregate M&A spending decreased to $14bn in 1Q19. This was $36bn below 4Q18 aggregate spending and also significantly below 1Q18 aggregate spending.
- In 1Q19, the industry segments with the highest M&A deal value were multiplay, mobile, and wireline.
- In 1Q19, the deal volume was highest for wireline (16 deals), mobile (14 deals), and multiplay (5 deals).
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications provider M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How many M&A deals were announced in the communications provider sector in 1Q19?
- What was the aggregate M&A deal value in 1Q19?
- What market trends have been motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest players in communications M&A?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 1Q19 Review & Outlook