Communications providers’ M&A transaction volume in 1Q18 crossed the 100 mark to reach 101. Wireline, fiber optic, and technology were primary target industry segments.
- Total M&A transactions announced in 1Q18 jumped to 101, compared to 69 in 4Q17.
- Aggregate M&A spending was $36bn in 1Q18. The number of billion-dollar deal announcements increased to seven, compared to just two in 1Q17.
- In 1Q18, the deal volume was highest for wireline (26 deals), fiber optic (18 deals), and technology (14 deals).
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the current trends in communications providers' M&A.
- Assesses the role of M&A in the evolution of the communications provider sector.
- Reviews the key players in communications provider M&A.
Key questions answered
- How much M&A (deal value and number of deals) was conducted in the communications provider sector in 1Q18?
- What market trends are motivating recent mergers?
- Which geographic regions and sectors are witnessing the most M&A activity?
- Who are the biggest buyers in communications M&A?
Table of contents
Download 1: Communications Provider M&A: 1Q18 Review & Outlook