Comcast’s main segments of operation include broadband, pay TV, fixed voice and home security. It also started competing in the wireless segment in 2017. Comcast is the largest fixed-broadband provider in the US, and the second-largest pay-TV provider.
- Comcast calls itself an “aggregator of aggregators,” as it has been integrating Netflix, YouTube, and other content into its X1 video platform.
- Comcast has launched the Xfinity Mobile wireless service for its Xfinity Internet customers.
- Comcast has launched Instant TV, a skinny bundle of TV channels.
Features and Benefits
- Compare Comcast to its peers across a variety of financial benchmarks.
- Learn about Comcast’s subscription trends and market share trends.
- Learn about Comcast’s strategic initiatives, including introducing pay-TV skinny bundles and launching its own wireless service.
Key questions answered
- What are the key developments in Comcast’s main products and services?
- What are Comcast’s current strategic initiatives?
- How does Comcast measure up against its peers across a variety of financial benchmarks?
Table of contents
Download 1: Comcast Update, January 2018