Telefónica has been going through a major organizational restructuring, with one of its most important changes being the splitting up of its Hispanoamérica unit into two geographical regions: Hispam Norte and Hispam Sur.
- Telefónica's Hispanoamérica unit accounted for 24% of the group’s overall revenues in 2017, almost as much as its España unit.
- Hispam Sur accounted for 65% of Telefónica's €12.6bn in Hispanoamérica revenues in 2017, while Hispam Norte contributed the remaining 35%.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Telefónica's move to split its Hispanoamérica business on the basis of geography into Hispam Norte and Hispam Sur.
- Provides an overview of Telefónica's position and performance in various markets under its Hispanoamérica unit.
Key questions answered
- What are the challenges and opportunities for Telefónica in the various markets under its Hispam Norte and Hispam Sur business units?
- How will Telefónica's move to split up its Hispanoamérica business strengthen its position in the region?
Table of contents
Splitting will allow dedicated focus
North and South have different market realities that demand specific measures