This spreadsheet provides a global forecast of cloud gaming market revenue from 2017 through 2025. The cloud gaming market is comprised of cloud gaming content services and cloud gaming PC services. Regional and country-level splits are provided.
- The global cloud gaming market is currently relatively small, generating $1.4 billion in 2020, but it is forecast to expand at an impressive CAGR of 54% over the next five years, with total annual revenue reaching $12.1 billion in 2025.
- 2021 will be a landmark year for cloud gaming, marking the full year of availability of xCloud as part of the popular Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription service. Meanwhile, Sony, Google, Nvidia, Amazon and others will ramp up their involvement in cloud gaming.
- North America and Western Europe will be responsible for most of the growth in cloud and non-cloud gaming subscriptions revenue in the near term. Oceania and Eastern and South-Eastern Asia will, however, see rapid growth within the forecast period.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the future growth potential of cloud gaming and game subscription services on country and regional basis.
- Gain insight into one of most hyped-up segments of the video games market.
Key questions answered
- How big are the global cloud gaming and game subscription markets, and how much will they grow?
- Which countries and regions will see the greatest growth over the next five years?
- Does cloud gaming's forecast growth live up to its current industry hype?
Table of contents
Download 1: Cloud Gaming and Subscription Revenue Forecast: 2020-25