Ciena's intention to acquire Packet Design, a specialist in network performance solutions for IP/MPLS networks, will bring it closer to achieving its ambition to deliver closed-loop automation for programmable CSP networks.
- Ciena pushes hard to achieve its closed-loop automation objectives.
- Network analytics will play a crucial role in delivering closed-loop automation.
Features and Benefits
- Explains key factors driving the acquisition of Packet Design by Ciena.
- Assesses how the acquisition will affect Ciena's positioning in the multidomain orchestration space.
Key questions answered
- Why has Ciena decided to acquire Packet Design?
- How do analytics strengthen Ciena's role in multidomain service orchestration?
Table of contents
Ciena pushes hard to achieve its closed-loop automation objectives
Network analytics will play a crucial role in delivering closed-loop automation
Packet Design applications will be integrated into Blue Planet as microservices
The Packet Design acquisition helps Ciena meet CSPs' demand for multidomain orchestration
Inclusion of Packet Design within Ciena's Blue Planet will deliver a value proposition similar to that of its peers