This is an update on the Italy telecom market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, operator initiatives, M&A, and regulation. It includes subscription, revenue, and technology forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- The Italian mobile market is one of the largest in Europe, with around 83 million subscribers and one of the highest rates of mobile penetration across the continent. The fixed broadband market has developed in recent years due to operator investments and regulatory measures.
- All major operators changed the billing cycle from one month to 28 days. AGCOM fined the operators TIM, Wind Tre, Vodafone, and Fastweb for calculating fixed telephony invoices on the basis of a 28-day period. All mobile operators implemented the EU's Roam Like at Home (RLAH) initiative by June 2017.
- The Italian government announced that the 700MHz spectrum will be released from 2019 and the allocation will be completed by 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the Italy mobile and fixed markets.
- Assesses operator moves including NGA network development.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- What are the market shares of key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- Which technologies will drive revenue growth?
- What are the latest operator initiatives in Italy?
Table of contents
Download 1: Italy Update, January 2018