A detailed update of China’s TV market, encompassing free-to-air and pay TV across all TV technologies (cable, DTH, IPTV, terrestrial, DTT), plus next-generation TV initiatives and OTT video. Includes TV ratings, revenues, market shares, programming, and advertising.
- Government-led network convergence has proceeded well. Benefiting from the relevant policies, the penetration of cable fixed broadband is growing quickly and IPTV user numbers have surged.
- The authorities are taking a more serious attitude towards piracy, with at least one transgressor jailed for profiting from selling illegal copies of movies via a website.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the growth potential of the TV market
- Analyzes the challenges and opportunities of key players
Key questions answered
- What were the big changes in China's TV market last year?
- How did the OTT player evolve in the market?
Table of contents
Download 1: China TV Update