This report provides an update on China Telecom's strategy and operations, covering financial performance, market dynamics, and key developments.
- In the first half of 2019, China Telecom reported operating revenue of CNY190.5bn, down 1.3% year on year. Service revenue was up to CNY182.6bn, a year-on-year growth of 2.8%. The main reason for the drop in operating revenue was lower sales of terminals & equipment and others, which decreased from CNY15.4bn in 1H18 to CNY7.9bn in 1H19.
- The operator launched large-scale field tests and precommercial service in 2019, and was granted a 5G license in June 2019. In September 2019 the operator reached an agreement with China Unicom on 5G infrastructure collaboration. 5G commercial service is expected in 2020.
Features and Benefits
- Reveals the operating results for China Telecom between 1H18 and 1H19.
- Analyzes China Telecom's mobile, wireline, and emerging businesses operations.
Key questions answered
- How has China Telecom performed, financially and operationally, from 1H18 to 1H19?
- When will China Telecom launch its 5G services, and what is the impact of its 5G services?
- How is China Telecom performing in IoT and DICT businesses?
Table of contents
Download 1: China Telecom Update, September 2019