This is an update of the China telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulations. It includes service provider performance, MVNO, TV and OTT market outlook.
- All three operators in China have committed to 5G trials and investments in order to launch scale 5G commercial service in 2020. The government cooperated on this timetable by issuing 5G trial spectrum to the three operators in December 2018.
- China Mobile is winning fixed broadband subscriptions rapidly through its aggressive low-tariff strategy. In 2018, China Mobile overtook China Telecom's No.1 position in terms of fixed broadband customer base.
- Chinese operators are proactively developing their IPTV businesses. China Telecom is developing a smart home ecosphere with IPTV as the core, which has achieved remarkable revenue growth in 1H18. China Mobile also received an IPTV license in 2018, which is expected to further enhance its portfolio and improve its customer experience in the fixed segment.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes service provider KPIs.
- Identifies key developments across telecoms, TV, and OTT video.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- What are the market shares of the key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- What is the regulatory environment in China's telecom market?
Table of contents
download 1: China: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report