Ovum's China: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Forecasts: 2018–23 provides subscription and revenue forecasts through 2023 for major China telecoms and media markets covering mobile, fixed broadband, fixed voice, pay TV, TV advertising, and OTT video.
- China telecoms and media revenue will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from $184.6bn in 2018 to $265.7bn in 2023, as strong growth in OTT video and fixed broadband revenues offsets declines in fixed voice and pay-TV revenue. Mobile will remain the largest segment with 70.5% of total revenue in 2023, growing with a CAGR of 0.8% to reach $187.4bn in 2023.
- China telecoms and media subscriptions will grow at a CAGR of 3.1% from 2018 to reach 3.5 billion in 2023, driven by 12.4% growth in OTT video subscriptions, 2.9% growth in mobile connections, and 2.8% growth in fixed broadband subscriptions over the forecast period.
Features and Benefits
- Assess subscription and revenue growth for the TMT market in China.
- Assess which segments are the fastest growing in China.
Key questions answered
- What is the trend for subscriptions in China's telecoms and media market in the next five years?
- What is the trend for revenue in China's telecoms and media market in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: China: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Forecasts: 2018–23