Amazon, Apple, and Google compete for mouths and eyeballs
The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) was held for the 52nd time at Las Vegas on January 8‒11, 2019. This report provides an overview of key announcements from the event and resulting implications for the TMT industry.
- More than ever, the show has become a battleground for tech giants Amazon, Google, and newcomer Apple, which used it to reveal iTunes and AirPlay on TV sets – an important strategic change for the firm.
- Cybersecurity is the new consumer IoT opportunity. Comcast, Netgear, and Belkin all demoed cybersecurity features at CES that help consumers monitor and protect all their devices in the home from malicious attacks.
- Digital assistants are becoming omnipresent, but few devices embed more than one. Tens of thousands of devices are now compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or both, but only a small subset have a digital assistant built in, and fewer than a handful feature more than one assistant.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights key announcements from CES 2019.
- Discusses how new product announcements from CES will shape 2019.
Key questions answered
- What were the most important announcements at CES 2019?
- How will new product launches from CES 2019 affect my business?
Table of contents