This is a multicountry telecoms update covering Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama. It includes operator and market KPIs, along with various operators' initiatives and their progress in subscriptions and technologies.
- This report contains country-by-country analysis focusing on market developments, KPIs and demographics, mobile subscription share, and multiplay service analysis.
- Central America's telecoms market is prepaid heavy with an average prepaid subscription share of more than 83%. The market has good potential for growth, but factors such as spectrum delays, low household incomes, and economic slowdown have kept the market growth down.
- Mobile subscriptions at 2Q19 stood at around 53 million. The mobile market is comparatively better developed than the fixed broadband market.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about key market developments in the telecoms, TV, and OTT video markets in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.
- Learn about the market dynamics in the telecoms market as well as trends in technology migration and regulatory actions in Central America.
Key questions answered
- How is the Central American telecoms market shaping up, and what are the factors contributing to its progress?
- What are the key developments in the telecoms, TV, and OTT video segments?
Table of contents
Download 1: Central America: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report