Ovum's Canada: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Forecasts: 2018–23 provides subscription and revenue forecasts through 2023 for major Canada telecoms and media markets covering mobile, fixed broadband, fixed voice, pay TV, TV advertising, and OTT video.
- Canadian telecoms and media subscriptions will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from end-2018, to reach 109 million at end-2023, driven by 13.5% growth in OTT video subscriptions, 3.0% growth in fixed broadband subscriptions, and 2.6% growth in mobile connections over the forecast period.
- Mobile will be the largest segment throughout the forecast period, with 36% of total subscriptions at end-2023. Pay-TV subscriptions will decline by 1.3% over the period, to reach 10.1 million at end-2023, as fixed voice subscriptions decline 3.6%, to reach 11.9 million.
- Canadian telecoms and media revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.1% over the forecast period, reaching $52bn in 2023, as strong growth in OTT video and fixed broadband revenue offsets declines in fixed voice and pay-TV revenue.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the subscription growth of the various telecoms and media segments over the five-year forecast period in Canada.
- Learn about the revenue growth of the various telecoms and media segments over the five-year forecast period in Canada.
Key questions answered
- Which telecoms and media segment is the fastest-growing in terms of subscriptions in Canada?
- Which telecoms and media segment is the fastest-growing in terms of revenue in Canada?
Table of contents
Download 1: Canada: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Forecasts: 2018–23