This is an update on the Bulgarian telecoms market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, pay-TV, OTT, operator initiatives, M&A, and regulation. It includes subscription, revenue, and technology forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- Bulgaria has a mature mobile market, with Ovum estimating mobile penetration of 150% and just over 10 million subscribers at end-2018. The fixed broadband market subscriber base is expected to grow 27% to just over 2.6 million, and subscription video on demand is expected to show the most significant growth of all by end-2023.
- The LTE market has been expanding quite aggressively since the technology was adopted in the country in 2015, and an estimated penetration rate of 62% was reached by end-2018.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Bulgaria's mobile, fixed, pay-TV, and OTT markets.
- Assesses operator moves, including new product launches, technology migration, and fixed-mobile convergence trend.
Key questions answered
- Who are market leaders in the fixed, mobile, pay-TV and OTT markets?
- What are the market shares of key players?
- How will revenue grow in the next five years?
Table of contents
Service provider trends
Download 1: Bulgaria: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report