Music and gaming are clearly natural bedfellows but the music industry has yet to fully exploit the potential of games and gaming audiences.
- The reach of some gaming platforms is vast, offering great marketing prospects for the recorded-music business, while esports events can attract sizable audiences that are also looking for content beyond the core tournament battles.
Features and Benefits
- The research note assesses the current relationship between recorded-music and gaming.
- The note looks at the potential of collaborations with examples of music and gaming partnerships.
Key questions answered
- Which current online games have dipped their toe into the world of music partnerships?
- What should music companies do to boost the use of music in games?
Table of contents
Gaming initiatives drive music sales
Mining the music and gaming potential
Varying degrees of record company interest