An update on Bharti Airtel's activities, covering mobile, fixed broadband, pay TV, operator initiatives, and consumer market trends.
- Challenges continue for Bharti in the home market. For the year ending March 31, 2018, Bharti Group’s consolidated revenues stood at INR836.8bn, recording a year-on-year decline of 12.3%. The decline was largely driven by Bharti’s weak performance in the home market.
- Bharti is committed to improving its network and services in India. While the incumbent is fighting tough price competition in the home market, this has not impacted its capital investments in India and overseas.
- A major chunk of its total capex was spent on expanding 4G networks and in the rollout of fiber infrastructure, as it announced the shutdown of its 3G network in three to four years.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Bharti's financial and operational performances between FY17 and FY18.
- Identifies the group's key growth areas and challenges in the markets where it operates.
- Deep dive into Bharti's areas of strategic investments and the operations it is likely to divest.
Key questions answered
- What were Bharti's key operational and financial highlights over the last year?
- What are the key drivers of and barriers to the group's financial performance?
Table of contents
Download 1: Bharti Airtel Update, April 2018