A detailed update of Bahrain's TV market, encompassing free-to-air and pay TV across all TV technologies, plus next-generation TV initiatives and OTT video. Includes digital terrestrial TV developments, revenue, market shares, programming, and advertising.
- Bahrain's multichannel TV market is dominated by DTH technology, which accounted for 87% of the market at end-2017. The market is dominated by a combination of pay and FTA satellite services, with a small additional take-up of IPTV. OSN leads the pay-TV sector.
- Bahrain has one of the most impressive growth rates in terms of broadband penetration. According to the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA), the broadband penetration rate increased from a mere 25% in 2010 to 179% by the end of 2017. The increase in the uptake of fixed broadband services is attributable to the TRA decision to deregulate retail and wholesale fixed broadband access markets for residential users.
Features and Benefits
- Understand pay-TV industry trends and future outlook
- Learn about developments in next-gen TV services
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers feeding the growth of the Bahrain's TV market in the next five years?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in Bahrain's TV market?
Table of contents
Download 1: Bahrain TV Update