Axiata Group's total revenues in FY17 were up 13.2% YoY to MYR24.4bn, driven by the group's acquisition of Nepal's Ncell, which added MYR2.4bn to its overall revenues.
- The group continued to make strong investments in its Malaysian and Indonesian operations. Celcom has been struggling to keep up with the competition in the local market. However, its continued strategy to focus on high-value customers, customer experience, and simplified product offerings has started to show results.
- Although Axiata is late in entering the fixed broadband market in Malaysia, there are pockets of opportunity in many emerging Asian markets where it operates.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Axiata Group's performance.
- Outlines the group's latest strategic initiatives.
Key questions answered
- Which countries are in Axiata's footprint and how is it growing in those markets?
- How did the economic environment across Axiata's footprint affect its KPIs?
- How is Axiata progressing with its digital strategy?
Table of contents
Download 1: Axiata Group Update, May 2018