The AWS re:Invent 2018 event held in Las Vegas in early December saw a wide range of product announcements in the artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) space, ranging from new services to enhancements. Most significant was the availability, slated for 2019, of a custom Amazon chip for ML inference mode, named AWS Inferentia.
- Amazon's acquisition of chipmaker Annapurna pays returns with the 2017 launch of "Nitro" chips.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the latest features for Amazon SageMaker, such as automated labeling of AI training data.
- Discover Amazon's new inference mode chip called Inferentia.
Key questions answered
- Which type of AI user is Amazon SageMaker targeted at?
- What are the cloud economics of using GPUs on AWS?
Table of contents
Amazon's acquisition of chipmaker Annapurna pays returns
Amazon introduces auto-labeling for ML training data
Amazon SageMaker targets ML developers and data scientists
The economics of cloud GPUs on AWS