Verizon and Equinix have launched a rich SDN interconnection service, showcasing why it may be easier for network operators to team with data center and cloud partners for SDN interconnect than with each other.
- Enterprises that use cloud to buy services on-demand will be keen to add flexible network connectivity to their data center and cloud services, so they can adapt and scale resources together.
- Rich services provisioning between network providers and cloud/data center is not new, as characterized by CenturyLink's automated services provisioning between its network and AWS cloud services.
Features and Benefits
- Understand how data center operators built then-interconnected SDN-powered exchanges internally, and are opening up resources through APIs.
- Learn why rich services interconnection agreements are easier between network and data center/cloud, and more challenging between network providers.
Key questions answered
- Why are SDN-powered network interconnection agreements between carriers still rare?
- What makes automated, interconnected services between carriers and data center/cloud providers so interesting to enterprises?
Table of contents
Network services automation homes in on data center and cloud resources
Looking forward: Data center SDN evolves