This report provides an overview and assessment of the Australian fixed, mobile and video markets
- Australia is a mature communications market. It had 35.4 million mobile subscriptions, 8.4 million fixed broadband connections, and 5.6 million pay TV subscriptions at end 2018.
- LTE penetration is high at 71%, and 2G networks were finally shut down in June 2018.
- Australia has been one of the first markets to formally prevent Chinese vendor participation in 5G mobile networks.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses subscription and revenue trends in key communications markets such as mobile, fixed broadband and video services.
- Assesses technology trends in the light of 5G launch and the rollout of the government's National Broadband Network (NBN).
- Assesses the impact so far of the ban on Chinese vendors.
Key questions answered
- How fast is the Australian telecommunications and video market growing?
- What progress has been made on 5G rollout in Australia?
- What impact have OTT video services had in Australia?
Table of contents
Download 1: Australia: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report