In this short report, we outline the status of US operators deploying Gfast-enabled broadband services.
- The US is an important testbed for Gfast, with four major telecoms operators now offering or running pilot broadband services enabled by Gfast.
- US telcos are deploying Gfast in MDUs where they need to offer speed tiers of >100Mbps quickly to combat cable competition.
- With Gfast, they are primarily offering up to 500Mbps downstream, although Windstream does offer up to 1Gbps.
Features and Benefits
- Outlines the status of Gfast in the US.
- Explains why operators in the US are deploying Gfast for broadband services.
Key questions answered
- Who is deploying Gfast in the US and why?
- Are cable companies also deploying Gfast or is it just telcos?
- What are the speed tiers that operators are offering with Gfast?
Table of contents
Download 1: AT&T Leads Gfast-Enabled Broadband Services in the US