Apple's long-expected OTT video service is now expected in 2019. But instead of a classic Netflix SVOD service, all signs point toward a new and enhanced version of Apple's popular iTunes store and the associated "TV" app for mobiles.
- More of an update than a new service launch, the new platform will host Apple's originals and the iTunes TVOD store, and it will aggregate a broad range of third-party TV and OTT video services.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Apple's strategy for OTT video in the coming years.
- Evaluates how OTT video is evolving.
Key questions answered
- How successful will Apple be with its hybrid OTT video strategy?
- What impact may Apple's new platform have on TVOD, SVOD, and linear OTT?
Table of contents
Why will Apple matter? 980 million installed devices
As Netflix approaches a plateau, Apple's timing is impeccable