This report analyzes the most important announcements Apple made during and around its annual developer event, WWDC, held on June 4–8, 2018.
- The key focus of the keynote was to reinforce the company’s focus on consumer experience, this time addressing concerns around privacy and screen addiction.
- Siri-related developments at WWDC were insufficient to bring it back to the same level of features and performance as Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
Features and Benefits
- Identify strategies to counter or harness Apple's moves to your advantage
- Learn what the most important launches Apple made at WWDC were and why
- Understand what impact each key announcement will have on the wider market
Key questions answered
- Which innovations will deliver real competitive advantage to Apple?
- Is Apple any closer to catching up with consumer AI leaders Amazon and Google?
- How tangible will Apple's investments in augmented reality prove to be?
Table of contents
Privacy safeguards will have a powerful impact
Siri still isn’t smart enough to beat Alexa and Google Assistant
Apple updates iMessage and FaceTime but is muted on Business Chat
Apple continues to set the pace
Apple looks to increase cellular-based demand by adopting some essential mobile features