This forecast provides global app download and revenue estimates segmented by revenue type (i.e., end-user spend and in-app advertising); app type (i.e., games and non-game apps); and by ecosystem (i.e., Apple App Store, Google Play, Others).
- Global app revenue – derived both from app-store-transacted end-user spend revenue and in-app advertising revenue – will grow by 71% over the next five years, from $169bn in 2018 to $289bn in 2023, despite downloads growing by only 26%.
Features and Benefits
- Find out which app ecosystems will be generating the most revenue and downloads over the next five years.
- Find out how the revenue split between end-user spend and in-app advertising has evolved over time and how it will evolve going forward.
Key questions answered
- Which app ecosystems will be generating the most revenue and downloads over the next five years?
- How has the revenue split between end-user spend and in-app advertising evolved over time, and how will it evolve going forward?
Table of contents
Download 1: App Ecosystems Forecast: 2018–23