This report evaluates and sizes the Android TV opportunity for Google and its partners. It contains Ovum's forecasts for Android TV set-top boxes and sets out the future of Google's middleware platform for TV, including where the best opportunities associated with Android TV lie for all players in the TV ecosystem.
- Excluding markets where there are regulatory impediments, Android TV will grow to capture almost a quarter of global set-top-box (STB) shipments in 2022.
- Android TV has enhanced the reputation of its adopters. In offering something distinctly different yet reliable, Android TV operators have shifted the competitive dynamic in multiple markets.
- With Android TV Operator Tier, Google has demonstrated its commitment to Android TV and has further alleviated operator concerns.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the best opportunities associated with Android TV for each set of players in the TV ecosystem.
- Compares Android TV to its potential competitors in the market.
- Provides a SWOT analysis for Google's TV strategy.
- Provides a global and regional forecast for Android TV installed base and shipments.
- Identifies the various Android TV form factors.
Key questions answered
- What has Google changed over the last few years in relation to its TV strategy?
- How will Android TV fare in various regional markets?
- What are the advantages, opportunities, weaknesses, and threats for Android TV?
- What are the different routes to market for operators with Android TV?
- What are the drivers for the adoption of Android TV?