This report provides an evaluation of the SAP C/4HANA customer engagement suite of applications through the seven layers of the customer engagement platform model.
- It examines the business context and the underlying principles that must be applied to create a coherent omnichannel environment for successful customer engagement and the delivery of a superior customer experience.
- This report also makes a case for a platform play rather than a series of point solutions.
- SAP C/4HANA has the potential to create a leadership position in the emerging customer engagement platform category that supersedes CRM.
Features and Benefits
- Explains the emerging category of customer engagement platforms that have evolved CRM from a system of record to a hybrid system of engagement and record.
- Provides enterprises that are serious about transforming their organizations to be more attractive and relevant to customers with a detailed evaluation of SAP C/4HANA to help them formulate their customer engagement strategies.
- Discusses SAP's steps to ensure that customer data is secure and use of that data is permission-based.
Key questions answered
- What is a customer engagement platform and what are its advantages over point solutions?
- What does SAP C/4HANA provide and what is its scope?
- How effective is SAP C/4HANA as a customer engagement platform?
- What are the fundamental principles that must underpin effective use of such platforms?
- Why isn't CRM relevant anymore?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for SAP
Growth is a function of persistent customer relevance and enduring symbiotic relationships
The levers of growth are timeless; it is the execution that must change
Inditex proves that established companies can keep on growing
Four critical attributes must be supported to deliver a positive customer experience
Relationship quality and persistent relevance are built on four core attributes
A connected and symbiotic customer experience is now a platform play
Changes in investment behavior indicate that more firms are taking a holistic approach to customer engagement
The anatomy of a CEP consists of six enabling technology layers, culminating in a seventh orchestration layer
SAP C/4HANA has thrown down the gauntlet to compete for leadership in this emerging category
SAP C/4HANA – cloud, APIs, and microservices extensions
SAP Customer Data Cloud provides a permission-based and unified view of customer data
Security permeates SAP C/4HANA
A variety of intelligence and automation tools are embedded in SAP C/4HANA, with more to come
The industry layer – SAP C/4HANA is optimized for a range of industries
Functional support for the front line
SAP C/4HANA supports the orchestration layer