Ovum's TV data and forecasts for the Americas region include a full update of detailed metrics for cable, DTH, IPTV, and terrestrial. This forecast also includes revenue, ARPU, premium UHD/4K, and operator forecasts and analog switch-off indicators for 10 core countries and a rest-of-region total. This update has been substantially enhanced to include data at both the primary and subscription level.
- Despite strong competition from OTT video, traditional pay-TV remains an incredibly lucrative market – worth more than $100bn in 2023.
- By the end of 2023, the Americas region will have significantly benefited from digital switchover, and 94% of TV homes are forecast to be digital at that time.
Features and Benefits
- Assess how digital terrestrial television (DTT) and other emerging TV platforms are performing in the Americas markets.
- Gain detailed data and forecasts showing how the pay-TV and free-to-air sectors are faring across the developed North America region and the less advanced Latin America region.
Key questions answered
- Will pay-TV ARPU be able to grow over the next five years, against increasingly stiff competition from emerging local OTT video services and international giants such as Netflix?
- What are the prospects for growth among leading operators such as Comcast, AT&T, Telefonica, and Claro?
Table of contents
Download 1: Americas: Pay-TV & FTA Forecasts to 2023