So far, Amazon’s impact on ad-funded OTT video has remained somewhat muted. But Amazon is now setting its sights – and considerable technology, media, and e-commerce assets – firmly on video advertising to challenge TV players, Google, and Facebook.
- Amazon’s ability to reliably track consumers’ browsing and shopping habits, target them with relevant video ads, and actively facilitate product sales will make it a force to be reckoned with.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Amazon's entry into the rapidly growing ad-funded OTT video segment.
- Identifies the threats and opportunities posed by Amazon's ad-funded video ambitions across the industry value chain.
Key questions answered
- How is Amazon looking to more directly enter the ad-funded OTT video market?
- How is Amazon's ad-funded video strategy likely to evolve in the future?
- Why is Amazon looking to take a more direct stake in the ad-funded OTT video market?
- How well is Amazon positioned to take a more direct stake in the ad-funded OTT video market?
Table of contents
Amazon is already well positioned in the video ad value chain
Amazon must move beyond Fire TV devices to compete fully
Stakeholders need to weigh up the value of partnering or competing with Amazon