This report is intended to help service providers, media companies, internet platforms, and their technology partners understand and respond to the most important announcements Amazon made during its devices event held September 25, 2019.
- The company highlighted plans to expand its smart speaker and smart display portfolio, extend Alexa’s functionality and accessibility, and venture into wearables for on-the-go Alexa access.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the impact of Amazon's announcements on the TMT industry.
- Identifies what Amazon's most important launches at the event were and why.
- Discusses new developments and investments from Amazon in smart home, digital assistant, and wearable technology.
- Shows how Alexa's capabilities have evolved.
Key questions answered
- How can service providers harness Amazon's announcements?
- Which technology and services are Amazon betting on?
- What is the outlook for Amazon's Echo speakers, displays, and wearable hardware?
- What are Alexa's new capabilities and how can they be leveraged by TMT players?
Table of contents
The new Echo family
An evolutionary step to increase reach within households
Alexa's new features
Amazon determined to improve Alexa's value
The new wearables segment
Amazon aims to increase consumer access to, and dependence on, Alexa