AI for IT operations (AIOPs) is one area where the application of technology, if not matched with organizational maturity readiness, will fail to deliver all the promised benefits.
- Ovum considers that AIOPs represents a natural evolution of DevOps and can become more inclusive of all the activities that impact the customer/employee experience, or business outcome.
Features and Benefits
- Learn how organizational maturity is a key indicator of how well technologies deliver business outcomes.
- Understand why AIOPs is a unifying technology that enables organizations to deliver a customer-centric service delivery experience.
Key questions answered
- What are the key characteristics of an AIOPs solution?
- How does the organizational maturity map to the technologies an organization uses?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Organizational maturity is a key indicator of how well technologies deliver business outcomes
Technology, process, and people do not follow a linear pattern
People and culture remain the slowest aspect of an organization to change
Process change can be used to map out a transformation
Technology is the glue that binds process to people
AIOPs is a unifying technology that enables organizations to deliver a customer-centric service delivery experience
Identifying the key characteristics of an AIOPs solution
How AIOPs fits into the existing crowded IT management market