5G is on track to launch in 2020 and will eventually support a huge variety of services ranging from mobile broadband and Internet of Things to ultra-reliable communications, but early market hype needs a reality check.
- 5G is the future of mobile communications, but it is five years from commercial launch and nearly a decade from mass-market adoption, so 4G/3G/2G will pay the bills for many years to come.
Features and Benefits
- Understand the current status of 5G and the timeline for its standardization and commercialization
- Learn the realistic timeline for 5G services, in contrast to industry hype
Key questions answered
- What are the three new use cases for 5G, and how will they impact its rollout and adoption?
- What are the new features of 5G, and when will they come to market?
Table of contents