In 1Q20, Japanese MNOs (KDDI, NTT DoCoMo, and Softbank Mobile) turned on 5G, pricing it as traditional data tiers (although no unlimited data). In addition, KDDI and Softbank delayed charging 5G access fees for two years. In Canada, Rogers also delayed the start of its 5G access fee until March 2021.
- This tracker details price points of over 300 5G plans, including a refreshed look at the UK's plans and inclusions. There were more cases of "keep the same pricing" as 4G for 5G, and several operators in Norway, Japan, and Canada, chose to delay charging incremental fees for 5G, amid COVID-19.
Features and Benefits
- This tracker captures 5G plan details, from legacy inclusions to new 5G rich bundled apps. Telcos can assess how these plans differ from legacy 4G plans, across quantitative and qualitative data points.
- Where possible, the tracker will quantity any 5G price premium, which is vital to the business case of 5G.
Key questions answered
- Did any new 5G telco launch 5G rich apps in 1Q20?
- What size data allowances came to market in 1Q20?
Table of contents
Download 1: 5G Consumer Broadband Pricing Tracker: 1Q20