This accompanies the Consumer Broadband Subscriptions and Revenue Forecast, 2017–22. Ovum explains that consumer subscriptions will grow to 996 million in 2022.
- A huge migration to higher broadband speed tiers is underway in most countries, as service providers strive to keep their customers happy with faster broadband speed tiers. Seventy-one percent will subscribe to 30Mbps and above in 2022, and 40% with 100Mbps and above.
- Gigabit deployments grab the headlines but will be 7% of the total by 2022. The share will surpass the 10% mark for many countries, including South Korea, Japan, Sweden, Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and the US, by 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Explains the new consumer fixed broadband forecast, 2017–22.
- Highlights the growth trends in fixed broadband subscriptions and revenues.
- Explains which broadband speed tiers will see growth in subscriptions and to what extent.
Key questions answered
- What are the highlights of the consumer broadband forecast?
- How fast are broadband subscriptions and revenues rising and in which regions?
- What is the share of broadband speed tiers for each country and region?
Table of contents
Download 1: 5 Key Takeaways from the Consumer Broadband Subscription and Revenue Forecast, 2017–22