Reducing operations cost and complexity, and getting to grips with managing and monetizing 5G will be the top business challenges for 2020
- The Ovum ICT Enterprise Insights survey shows that the domain with the biggest software spend allocation over the coming year is expected to be network management.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses CSP business strategy priorities.
- Evaluates the operations and IT technology enablers for CSP business strategy.
- Identifies the key operations changes your CSP peers are planning to implement.
Key questions answered
- What are the key IT technology investments in the telecoms industry?
- What are the emerging technologies that CSPs and vendors need to start exploring?
- What are the fundamental operations changes that will need to be made to support technology change?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Recommendations for vendors
Key drivers of IT and operations transformation
IT and operations transformation priorities
5G adds urgency to telco IT transformation
CSPs will primarily focus on OSS capabilities to support 5G, BSS will only pick up later
Addressing network operations complexity with automation
AI supporting network automation
Steady, but not dramatic interest in OSS and service/network management
Personalizing CX and transforming customer operations
Top customer engagement investments
What to expect from end-to-end customer engagement
Data and analytics will also be used to improve operational costs and efficiencies
Moving IT operations to the cloud
Cloud delivery continues its upwards trajectory
Vendors push ahead with cloud-native architectures, while operators lag behind