This report analyzes the main market opportunities and challenges ahead, outlining the most relevant trends that will shape the smart home AI-assistant market during 2020.
- Consumers will demand greater AI assistant options at home.
- The smart home industry will accelerate the transition to AI-based services.
- Smart home AI assistants will make progress as personal companions and sitters.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes why AI assistant vendors must take greater control over the smart home experience.
- Explores why all smart home service providers should prioritize multi-assistant support and integration.
Key questions answered
- Why should telco/security service providers have a more active role in the development of AI assistants as personal security helpers?
- Why must home repair service providers accelerate the smartification of their service portfolio via AI assistants?
Table of contents
Recommendations for technology vendors
Recommendations for service providers
Multi-assistant support will expand
Consumers will have more options to choose their preferred AI assistants at home
Tech giants will need to deepen differentiation via services
The smart home industry will see a shift to AI-based services
The integration of AI assistants with smart home services will strengthen in key areas
Tech giant-led functionality for the smart home will gain momentum
Amazon and Google will take more control of the smart home experience
The surrounding ecosystem will have more visibility
Smart home AI assistants will evolve as personal companions and sitters
More AI robots will enter the home
AI home robots will be a hard proposition to sell