This report sets out the major trends that Ovum expects to see in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region in 2020 and that should be of interest to service providers as well as other market participants and watchers.
- Several Gulf states are among the first in the world to launch commercial 5G services, and in 2020 they will see growth in 5G take-up as well as early efforts to develop new use cases for 5G in the region.
Features and Benefits
- This report identifies and analyzes the major trends that Ovum expects to see in the communications market in the MEA region in 2020.
- This report makes recommendations for service providers, regulators, and other authorities.
Key questions answered
- What are the big trends that Ovum expects to see in the MEA telecoms market in 2020?
- What should service providers, regulators, and other authorities do about the big trends in the MEA region in 2020?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Recommendations for regulators
Gulf markets in global vanguard for 5G
Growing momentum for 5G in the region's advanced markets
Connecting the unconnected
New initiatives aim to improve access
Mobile money 2.0
Mobile financial services enter next stage of development