In this report, Ovum provides recommendations around three key trends for 2020 for enterprises, ICT service providers, and technology vendors in the media and entertainment segment.
- Creating personalized a single user-centric connected digital TV & video hub is essential.
- End-to-end partner lifecycle management will be crucial in the 2L (local live) era.
- Unified media preparation and distribution workflow are essential for improving profitability and multiplatform reach at scale in the next 12 months.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the trends that will shape the media and broadcast technology landscape in 2020.
- Identifies the opportunity for vendors with strong horizontally integrated media preparation and distribution capabilities across the content supply chain.
Key questions answered
- Which functionalities are essential for sustainability in the premium content owner segment in next 12 months?
- How will a unified content supply chain help to address business challenges in the media and broadcast segment in 2020?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for ICT service providers
Recommendations for vendors
Balancing media-consumption dynamics is becoming complex
Creating a single personalized user-centric connected digital TV and video hub is essential
Investments in 2L media assets on the rise
Faster time to market and launch of unique new services are crucial to acquire long-term customer loyalty
Profitability and cost-effective scalable multiplatform reach are KPIs
Converged multiscreen media preparation and distribution workflows are a must