This 2020 Trends to Watch report provides a guide to trends over the next 12 months in esports, as well as giving recommendations to a range of industry players as to how best to capitalize on the opportunities identified.
- 2020 will see ever-greater interactivity between live sports events and their virtual counterparts, in turn placing ever-greater demands on networks.
- Telcos will make esports a central plank of their 2020 5G strategies, accelerating their 5G investments to compete more effectively in the esports ecosystem to reap the rewards of its engaged, high-spending, and youthful base.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the best opportunities for diverse market players in the current esports landscape.
- Highlights fastest-growing esports revenue lines and how they can be capitalized on.
Key questions answered
- How will the worlds of esports and sports converge, and what opportunities does this provide?
- How will telcos respond to the evolving esports world in the new 5G reality?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for technology vendors
Sports and esports
Esports and sports will blur the line between each other
"Virtual and connected" – the new demands for tech providers
Telcos and esports
Telcos will make esports a central plank of their 5G strategies
Investment and innovation are required to entice the esports audience
Esports as live experience
Esports attendance growth will greatly outperform other live events
The pull of the live event can be tapped by multiple sources