This report identifies four key trends for customer engagement platforms in 2020.
- A more strategic and disciplined approach to customer engagement is being led by enlightened CEOs and their C-suite colleagues.
- There is an increased focus on data management and real-time execution by leading CEP vendors.
- More sophisticated cross-journey AI use cases will emerge as greater platform harmonization removes barriers.
Features and Benefits
- This report includes the emerging disciplines that will help enterprises accelerate their customer-focused digital transformation initiatives.
- This report examines the increased focus on data management and what initiatives have been taken by leading vendors.
- We identify four ways that CEP vendors are providing innovation capabilities to enterprises and the role of digital innovation platforms.
Key questions answered
- What are the top trends for 2020 for customer engagement platforms?
- What approach should be take to the adoption of a customer engagement platform?
- What is a digital innovation platform and how can it help customer engagement?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
We expect to see a more strategic and disciplined approach to customer engagement, led by enlightened CEOs and C-suite
The old ways, a department at a time, aren't working
Leaders will adopt a disciplined and integrated approach to create synergies across transformation initiatives
There will be an increased focus on data management and real-time execution by leading CEP vendors
Behind the AI hype is a realization of the critical importance of data, its quality, and how to exploit and protect it
Major vendors go beyond customer data platforms (CDPs) to ingest, manage, enrich, and synthesize data
Expect more vendor collaboration to foster interoperability in heterogenous environments through open data standards
More sophisticated cross-journey AI use cases will emerge as greater platform harmonization removes barriers
Interaction analytics will become essential tools for removing friction and augmenting the customer experience
Dynamic orchestration and autonomous CX are still a few years off
Vendors will add more firepower to enterprise innovation but take different approaches
Continuous innovation and transformation are essential for survival
A combination of operational backbone, CEP, and a digital innovation platform will accelerate transformation
CEP vendors adopt one of four different innovation strategies