Ovum identifies key trends shaping the world's consumer and entertainment industries in 2020 across broadcast TV, OTT streaming, and 5G.
- 2020 will be shaped by BATFAANGs pervasive influence on all aspects of the digital consumer and entertainment industries and the steps companies make to compete.
Features and Benefits
- Examines the key trends impacting entertainment distribution in 2020.
- Assesses the impact of 5G on media revenues in 2020
Key questions answered
- What will be the impact of 5G on media revenues in 2020?
- What will be the key trends impacting entertainment distribution in 2020?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for content providers (as appropriate)
Recommendations for technology vendors (mandatory)
Broadcasters ally to compete with BATFAANG
Scale in content, audience, and technology via alliances and consolidation
The rise of the content arms dealer
Audiences will expect aggregators to simplify access and usage of OTT video
Aggregators will become a critical part of many D2C platforms’ subscriber acquisition strategies
Waiting for 5G
The waiting game: the revenue impact of 5G-driven innovation in consumer and entertainment will be minimal