The Asian communications market is in a period of transition. The boom years of dramatic connection growth are giving way to a more saturated mobile connection market. This report identifies and discusses current trends in the Asian telecoms market.
- Competitive and regulatory pressures on CSPs are rising in major markets within Asia. This is occurring at a time when connection growth in many markets is easing and annual revenue growth can no longer be taken for granted.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the impact of heightened competition and regulation on communications service provider profitability, and how operators are likely to respond.
- Looks at how communications service providers will respond to profitability pressure, especially with structural changes such as mergers and infrastructure sharing.
Key questions answered
- What factors are putting pressure on Asian communications service providers' profitability?
- How are Asian communications service providers likely to respond to profit pressure?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Mobile competition and regulation gets tougher
Price disruptors pressure CSPs
Price pressure and 5G rollout is a potent mix
Restructuring trend is emerging
M&As have accelerated
Infrastructure sharing emerges for 5G
Data center proliferation
Asia's data infrastructure will boom
CSP data infrastructure providers face tough competition