We look at what to expect with the increasing use of artificial intelligence (AI) in enterprise and industrial applications. Machine learning (ML) and deep learning within that, continues to dominate attention in AI, but we find in practice the wider range of ML techniques are often used in combination.
- AI in 2020 will still be about deep learning but we expect more combinations with traditional ML.
Features and Benefits
- Find out how Omdia sees the next decade for AI.
- Learn why the decade ahead will see autonomous driving vehicles on our roads.
Key questions answered
- How are green issues affecting the AI industry?
- What should enterprises be looking at to apply AI?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Prospects for AI in 2020 and the decade ahead
AI in 2020 will still be about deep learning but we expect more combinations with traditional ML
Autonomous driving vehicles will be on roads in the next decade
Energy consumption and the TCO of AI hardware
The cost of energy will become a factor in decision-making
AI in the OS: autonomous OS
The autonomous operating system reduces risk for users