The "how to charge consumers for 5G" question has kept CEOs awake in 2019, and it will continue to do so in 2020.
- The report discusses how 5G pricing models need to evolve in 2020 so that telcos can monetize the new consumer.
- The report looks at what is bundled around mobile, and what new services/apps could emerge in 2020.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies key 5G pricing trends around new, unlimited services and early segmentation.
- Analyzes why the mobile-only consumer is a part of the early 5G pricing story.
Key questions answered
- How should operators price and evolve their 5G services in 2020 with a view to driving upsell opportunities?
- What key differentiators should operators include in their tariffs for 5G to engage the consumer and monetize them?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for technology vendors
How to charge consumers for 5G will continue to be a conundrum in 2020
Some 40% of 5G plans include unlimited data buckets
2020 5G pricing should not be marred by cutthroat competition
5G needs a large dose of new services innovation
OTT video and social media gain prominence in mobile bundles
It is time for eMBB services to emerge as a 5G differentiator
Larger affordable 4G/5G data buckets sway consumers to go "mobile-only"
Almost a quarter of households will be "mobile-only" in 2020
Expect more segmentation; it is already happening with 5G