This report identifies the key trends in 5G devices that will play out in 2020 and have long-term impacts on the devices market.
- Chinese brands like Xiaomi, One Plus, and OPPO will emerge as key device partners for service providers.
- 5G smartphone pricing will come down quicker than 4G.
- Smart speakers/displays and 5G home broadband routers will converge.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the key device trends for 5G in the coming year
- Identifies the brands most likely to make significant impact with 5G devices
- Evaluates the prospects for non-smartphone 5G devices in 2020
Key questions answered
- How will operators replace Huawei in their 5G device portfolios?
- How quickly will smartphone prices come down in 2020?
- Which non-smartphone devices will have the greatest impact in 2020?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers and platforms
Recommendations for device vendors
Chinese brands will use 5G to push their way into operators' device sales
Chinese manufacturers benefit from intense price competition
Huawei's import ban is forcing operators to find alternatives
5G smartphone pricing set to come down quickly
Price competition between brands is already driving down prices
Modem competition will ensure prices continue to decline in 2020
5G on non-smartphone devices will have mixed results in 2020
Home hubs are leading the way
5G laptops are coming despite no clear market